Based on Article 23 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (consolidated text, Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland of 2020, item 85) in connection with the Act of 2 March 2020 on special solutions related to prevention, counteracting and combating of COVID-19, other infectious diseases and crisis situations caused by them (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland, item 374) and Ordinance No. 33 of the Rector of WPUT of 12 March 2020 on taking action at the University to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the following is ordered:
1. In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus, as of 13 March 2020, it is ordered that the residents of WPUT student dormitories leave and go to their place of residence.
2. Only persons who are conditionally accommodated and authorized employees of WPUT are allowed to stay in the student dormitories.
3. In exceptionally justified and documented cases, the decision on conditional accommodation in a student dormitory shall be made by the head of the Student Housing Estate. There shall be no right of appeal against a refusal.
In the case of a check-out from the student dormitory, the accommodation fee paid shall be credited towards the following payment periods.
1. In order to create an observation zone for residents in a student dormitory (in case of any coronavirus infection), the head of the Student Housing Estate shall have the right to move people to other rooms or other student dormitories.
2. In particularly justified exceptional cases, the moving referred to in point 1 may take place during the absence of a student. In such a case, a committee consisting of the head of the Student Housing Estate or an employee authorized by him and another employee of the administration of the Student Housing Estate shall be obliged to document the equipment and appearance of the room in a descriptive and photographic form.
3. The personal belongings shall be transferred to the student dormitory depository.
4. It shall be prohibited to organize meetings and occasional events in student dormitories. Failure to comply with this prohibition shall result in immediate removal.
The ordinance comes into force on the day of signing.
Rector Jacek Wróbel, PhD, Prof. WPUT