The West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin strives to provide the best conditions of employment for scientists and researchers. Therefore, it created a strategy for Human Resources in the context of the implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers have been approved by the European Commission in 2005 as an important step in the creation of the European Research Area. The Charter and the Code is a set of recommended principles, which should be used by research institutions and funding bodies across Europe.
The European Charter for Researchers is a set of general principles and requirements which specifies the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of researchers as well as of employers and/or funders of researchers. The aim of the Charter is to ensure that the nature of the relationship between researchers and employers or funders is conducive to successful performance in generating, transferring, sharing and disseminating knowledge and technological development, and to the career development of researchers. The Charter also recognizes the value of all forms of mobility as a means for enhancing the professional development of researchers.
The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers consists of a set of general principles and requirements that should be followed by employers and/or funders when appointing or recruiting researchers. These standards should ensure observance of values such as transparency of the recruitment process and equal treatment of all applicants, in particular with regard to the development of an attractive, open and sustainable European labour market for researchers, and are complementary to those outlined in the European Charter for Researchers.
In June 2015 the Rector of the West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin (ZUT) signed a declaration of support for the principles set out in the Charter and the Code. Thereby ZUT began efforts to implement the HR Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R), which aims to award „HR Excellence in Research” badge to ZUT. It is given by the European Commission to institutions that achieve significant progress in the implementation of principles of the Charter and the Code and the creation of a professional scientific community.
Therefore, the West Pomeranian University of Technology published HR Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) for the years 2016-2020.
Phone: +49 91 449 41 53
- Updated action plan for 2019-2021 prepared on the basis of evaluation of activities and assessment of progress in implementing the principles of the Charter and the Code (format: pdf, rozmiar: 863 KB)
- OTM-R checklist of ZUT (format: pdf, rozmiar: 634 KB)
- Human Resources Strategy of The West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin in the context of implementation of the Europan Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (format: pdf, rozmiar: 569 KB)
- The details survey poll results of ZUT (format: pdf, rozmiar: 96 KB)
- West Pomeranian University – Declaration of Commitment for the European Charter for Researchers (format: pdf, rozmiar: 503 KB)