The data controller is the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin with its registered office at al. Piastów 17, 70-310 Szczecin. The data controller has appointed a person to supervise the correctness of personal data processing.
DATA PROTECTION INSPECTOR
Contact data of the WPUT Data Protection Inspector – Artur Kurek, M.A.
West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin
Data Protection Inspector
al. Piastów 17,
In order to obtain detailed information on the processing of personal data at the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin, please contact the designated Data Protection Inspector.
The rights of data subjects.
Pursuant to GDPR, you have the following rights:
- the right to access and receive a copy of your data;
- the right to rectify (correct) your data;
- the right to delete personal data when the processing of the data is not carried out for the purpose of fulfilling an obligation arising from a legal provision or as exercising of public authority;
- the right to restrict data processing;
- the right to object to data processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the President of PDPO (to the address: Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00 - 193 Warszawa).
Information about some user behaviour is logged into the server layer. This data is used solely for the purpose of administering the service and to ensure that the hosting services provided are as efficient as possible.
The resources viewed are identified by their URLs. In addition, they following may be recorded:
- time of the enquiry,
- time of the answer,
- client station name - identification through the HTTP protocol,
- information about errors that occurred during the execution of HTTP transactions,
- the URL of the page previously visited by the user (referer link) - in the case where the Service was accessed via a link,
- information about the user's browser.
Statistics data that can be collected and may include personal data:
- user's IP
- user's ID
- request date and time
- title of the website viewed
- URL of the website viewed
- URL of the previously viewed website
- resolution used to download the website
- user's local time
- "clicked" and downloaded files
- links to external domains that were "clicked"
- time of generating the page downloaded by the user
- user's location : country, region, city, approximate longitude and latitude (geolocation)
- basic language of the browser used to display the website
- "User Agent" of the browser used
- browser data
- operating system
- device used to browse the website (desktop computer, tablet, laptop, tv, console, etc.)
- random, unique user's ID number
- time of the first visit
- time of the previous visit
- number of user's visits
- "Custom dimensions" - non-standard data assigned to a person or action - e.g. websites, events - to visualize reports (how many visits, conversions, pages viewed, etc. were there for each "Custom dimension”)
- "Campaign" - measuring the effectiveness of campaigns attracting users to the website - visits, website displays
- "Site search" - information on how users use the internal search engine of the website
- "Goals" - strategy and priorities - e.g. data on downloaded materials, people who contacted, displayed e.g. a film, etc.
- "Events" - behaviour generated by the user of the website towards its content, e.g., clicking on menus, widgets, flash elements, behaviour towards games, media, AJAX
- "Ecommerce" - tracking data, products, orders, etc. on the website
- Viewing and clicking the content - of any service website or application
- Website activities such as: clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, resizing the window, website changes and form interactions, recording user sessions
- interactions with forms – reports, widgets
- tracking behaviour towards video and audio content
The Website does not collect any information in an automatic way, except for information contained in cookies.
Cookies are computer data, in particular text files, which are stored in the Website User's end device and are intended for use on individual webpages. Cookies usually contain the name of the webpage from which they come, the time of storing them on the end device and a unique number.
The entity placing cookies on the Website User's end device and accessing them is the Operator of the Website of the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin with its registered office at al. Piastów 17, 70-310 Szczecin.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- adapting the content of the Website to User's preferences and optimizing the use of webpages; in particular, these files enable recognition of the Website User's device and appropriate display of a webpage adapted to his/her individual needs;
- creating statistics that help to understand how users of the Website use individual webpages, which enables improvement of their structure and content;
- maintaining a Website User's session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter login and password on each individual webpage;
There are two main types of cookies used within the Website: "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies. "Session" cookies are temporary files that are stored in the User's end device until logging out, leaving the webpage or switching off the software (web browser). "Persistent" cookies are stored in the User's end device for the time specified in the parameters of the cookies or until they are deleted by the User.
The following types of cookies are used within the Website:
- "essential" cookies that make it possible to use the services available within the Website, e.g. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication within the Website;
- cookies used to ensure security, such as those used to detect abuse of authentication on the Website;
- "performance" cookies enabling the collection of information on how individual webpages are used;
- "functional" cookies, which enable "remembering" of the User's selected settings and personalizing the User's interface, e.g. with regard to the chosen language or region of the User's origin, font size, webpage layout, etc;
In many cases, software used to browse the Internet (web browser) by default allows you to store cookies on User's end device. Users of the Website may, at any time, change their settings concerning cookies. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of your web browser or inform, each time, on their placement in the Website User's device. Detailed information on the possibility and methods of using cookies is available in software (web browser) settings.
How to disable cookies in the web browser ?
Any data entered into the search bar may be transferred to third parties and processed thereby. In such event, the administrator of the data entered in the search bar is the third party. The West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin shall not be liable for the processing or protection of the data processed by any third parties.
WPUT website resources may use third-party materials (such as logos, as directed by their owners).
In accordance with the guidelines of Twitter, the following message is posted:
“TWITTER, TWEET, RETWEET and the Twitter Bird logo are trademarks of Twitter Inc. or its affiliates.”