49 Żołnierska Street, 71-210 Szczecin
Tel .: + 48 91 449 56 70
Courses of studies
Computer Science and Information Technology; Digital Engineering
Analysis and fusion of spatial data; Printing and digital media; Computer programming
Doctoral studies in scientific fields
Main research directions
- Synthesis of a high level hardware and software systems
- Methods of computer wire and wireless network designing
- Optimization of processing and data representation algorithms in modern transmission methods and techniques
- Concurrent design of information technology systems with mechanical and electronic elements using hardware reprogrammability and reconfigurability (FPGA)
- Development of principles, methods and algorithms to create compilers of VHDL language subset for logic synthesis and their implementation
- Development of methods and algorithms of parallel machines and distributed system compilers for efficient parallelization of sequencers
- Research into the specification language of access control policies in distributed network systems and systems of secure e-signatures in a distributed environment
- Information systems and business organizations
- Intangible production
- Internet Technologies
- Digital media
- Development of new methods of artificial intelligence
- Research into knowledge extraction from databases
- Machine learning
- Automatic thinking
- Fuzzy logic and verbal base of knowledge
- Modeling and computer simulation of physical, technical, economic and technological processes
- Dynamic object control, intelligent control included
- Management broadly understood, supported by information technology and computer tools
- Research with advanced simulation methods, data mining, classification of optimization concepts to assist investment decisions, financial analyses, information project management and e-business
- Synthesis and analysis of digital images (Ray-tracing, Image Based Rendering, HDR images methods)
- Biometric technologies
- Medical information technology and imaging processing used in medicine,
- Human-computer communications (intelligent agents, natural language analysis)
- Geoinformatics (spatial information systems, numerical area models)
Cooperation with industry and business
The Faculty of Information Technology is a dynamic entity which conducts the innovative research and spreads the ideas of the Bologna process. Research, noticeable not only in Poland, is conducted by the Faculty in the field of biometrics, image recognition and processing, the use of modern methods to protect and monitor facilities. As one of three academic centers in Poland, the Faculty conducts its printing specialty, and as the only one in the country is engaged in computer printing, colorimetry and color management issues, in the process of archiving data included. All research carried out at the Faculty is based on a close cooperation with the Faculty environment (companies, the army, institutions of culture) and is an answer to the needs generated by this environment.
As a result of cooperation with IT companies operating in Szczecin, the Faculty founded a completely new faculty of engineering digitization, unique in Poland.
Since 2011 the Council for the Competence of the Faculty of Information Technology Graduates has been active at the Faculty, associating companies from the IT industry. The Council's role is to build a lasting cooperation between companies and institutions connected with the IT industry, which allows good preparedness of graduates to enter the labour market, and creates better conditions for employers to recruit their human resources.
The Faculty of Information Technology cooperates on global and local levels. Technological partners, among other firms, are IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Tieto and Unizeto. In the field of education, the Faculty works with Samsung, Huawei, Microsoft, Novell. It is the only faculty in Poland that has a Center for HP Education and Research.
Offer to foreigners
The Faculty is focused on students who excel in their course at university. The student treated as a partner plays a very important role in the life of the Faculty, but also in the teaching process. The Faculty encourages students to undertake scientific challenges, allows their access to modern technologies, inspires them to act for the environment, even prepares them for the role of employers, not only employees.
The Faculty runs selected classes in English. For further information contact the Erasmus + coordinator Dr. Eng. Remigiusz Olejnik (email@example.com).