17 Juliusza Słowackiego Street, 71-434 Szczecin
Tel: + 48 91 449 62 00
Courses of studies
Landscape Architecture; Waste Management and Reclamation of Degraded Areas; Land Management Environmental Protection; Horticulture; Agriculture; Agriculture and Forestry Engineering; Renewable Sources of Energy; Plant medicines
Landscape Architecture; Water reclamation; Water purification and wastewater treatment; Floristry
Doctoral studies in the field of agricultural sciences:
Agronomy; Environmental protection and management; Agriculture and Forestry Engineering, Horticulture
The main directions of research:
1. Monitoring of natural and anthropogenic factors to shape the environmental resources, in particular the production potential of agrocenosis:
- Increase in the value of natural and economic factors of agricultural production in various regions of the country and development of their optimization methods in environmental and social changes
- analysis of the impact of agronomic, climatic and environmental factors on physiological reactions, morphological and anatomical features and yield of crops, as well as on soil condition
- research into genetics and breeding of crops
- identification of valuable and unique natural areas of Poland, conditions and semi-natural ecosystems needing protection along with cultivated, urban and industrial areas
- use of physical, chemical and bioindicative methods to determine the condition and pollution of individual elements in the natural environment, analysis of needs, directions and reclamation methods of contaminated areas.
2. Evaluation of agricultural and pro-energy use of business and residential products and waste:
- research to determine the usability of ashes from coal, lignite, biomass, sewage sludge and composts produced from them for agricultural purposes and reclamation
- analysis of renewable and alternative energy sources (e.g. biomass, residential waste, wind and water power plants)
- use of waste from livestock breeding, pigs and poultry included, to generate energy
- analysis of high-yield energy crops, including optimization of varieties designated for biogas
3. Contributing to a friendly public space in the urban landscape and widely understood suburban areas, along with improving the value and protection of cultural heritage of Western Pomerania:
- manners of evaluating and improving the value of West Pomeranian landscape, with particular emphasis put on its historical heritage and the contemporary needs of the local community.
- development of test methods for the revitalization of urban, rural and post-industrial areas degraded for culture and civilization
- designing playgrounds, emphasizing emotional, social and physical development of children and revitalization of residential courtyards of Szczecin housing estates.
Cooperation with industry and business
- in the field of environmental protection and engineering - co-operation with council plants (e.g. sewage treatment plants, recycling firms and waste treatment units) to develop innovative technologies to assess those applied and to use generated or existing waste
- in the field of agronomy - cooperation with agri-businesses (agricultural, orchard, and vegetable farms, nurseries of ornamental plants, green area plants), comprising consulting services and drawing up technologies, expert opinions and cooperation with industry to develop methods of agricultural and natural use of products and waste
- in the field of renewable energy sources (RES) - cooperation with external companies to design research on additives which increase the yield of biogas from co-substrates considered problematic
- in the field of landscape architecture and spatial management – cooperation with local governments and other entities to develop projects of land development, to draw up inventories, competition concepts, to organize seminars and conferences.
Offer to foreigners
Student exchange within international programmes; internships related to agronomy, horticulture, environmental protection and shaping, as well as agricultural engineering.